Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sending Off Summer



I drink tea by my mood and by the season, and I currently find myself sending off my"summer greens" in a farewell (above) and moving into oolongs that are a little darker.


And I'm appreciating this tea set with the little dudes on it drinking tea.  :-)



To Autumn
 gif
William Blake (from Poetical Sketches, 1783)

O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stain’d
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou may’st rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
Sing now the lusty song of fruits and flowers.

“The narrow bud opens her beauties to
The sun, and love runs in her thrilling veins;
Blossoms hang round the brows of Morning, and
Flourish down the bright cheek of modest Eve,
Till clust’ring Summer breaks forth into singing,
And feather’d clouds strew flowers round her head.

“The spirits of the air live in the smells
Of fruit; and Joy, with pinions light, roves round
The gardens, or sits singing in the trees.”
Thus sang the jolly Autumn as he sat,
Then rose, girded himself, and o’er the bleak
Hills fled from our sight; but left his golden load.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love the changing seasons and the wide variety of teas that are seasonal also.

Angela McRae said...

I think the little dudes are enjoying tea as much as you are! :)

Marilyn Miller said...

The poem has such lovely images. I love your send off of summer. These words particular touched me: all the daughters of the year shall dance! Yes, I love the image of dancing to another season. Moving to oolongs too and sending the greens on to someone else.

UmbralQueen said...

I just ooo'd and ahh'd over your tea set, that kyusu is gorgeous. I have two of them but they are both Shudei clay, I really would like a porcelain one some day.